It appointed structure managers who have been given jurisdiction to manage Energy Efficiency Policy and prepare plans to increase energy efficiency and energy savings, as well as structure of specialized experts in the company in order to implement plans and measures to increase energy efficiency and energy savings in the company.
Target goals of Energy Efficiency Management System in JP EPBiH are:
- Systematic approach to addressing energy efficiency issues with the structure of people with clear responsibilities and authorities,
- More efficient use of energy and reducing consumption of fossil fuels,
- Cost reduction in the Company,
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (primarily CO2),
- Reduction of emissions of acidic gases (SO2 and NOx) and particulate matter,
- Providing active and permanent participation of all employees in the promotion and implementation of the tasks of increasing energy efficiency and energy savings,
- Improving the image of the company,
- Contribution to the development of national policies to increase energy efficiency and reduce emissions,
- Contribution to the global fight against climate change.
Energy Efficiency Policy of the company has been defined, and the structure with clear responsibilities and authorities in the management of energy efficiency has been established, with four levels of authority:
- Energy Committee, as the authoritative body of the company for issues of energy efficiency, which is in charge of adopting plans and strategies,
- Energy Efficiency Manager of JP EPBiH, as head operational authority at the level of the company, responsible for proposals and coordination of the implementation of all activities and measures in the company to increase energy efficiency and energy savings.
- Energy Managers in individual activities for “Generation”, “Distribution” and “Supply and Trade” as head operating authorities in the field of energy efficiency in activities, who are also team leaders for energy efficiency in their activities.
- Teams for energy efficiency in the activities of “Generation”, “Distribution” and “Supply and Trade” which are responsible for the development and operationalization of measures for achieving the objectives of energy efficiency and energy savings.
Scheme of the management structure of energy efficiency in JP EPBiH
Establishing a structure for the systematic management of energy efficiency in JP EPBIH has already proved useful in all business processes. Also, with this the Company is ready to welcome the FBiH Law on Energy Efficiency, which requires appropriate obligations for energy suppliers and distributors regarding the promotion and provision of services in energy efficiency on the demand side.
With the introduction of management structure for energy efficiency the company has established a solid foundation for the establishment of energy efficiency management system in accordance with Standard EN16001 (Energy Management System) and ISO50001 Standard, all within the company's commitment to continuous improvement of energy efficiency and energy savings in the future.